December 19, 2007
This protest confirms you want the United States of America to be wealthy and respected by other nations, and such, ask that the occupation of Iraq end and our troops return home to us, now.
To cooperate in this protest you need only sit outside of where you live at 11:30 AM on Sunday for fifteen minutes. Do this every Sunday, until the occupation has ended and the troops are back at home with us.
- Sit in a chair or stand.
- Carry no signs or fliers.
- Do not shout, chant, or sing.
- Do not start conversation with people passing you. If they start a conversation, it is okay to talk with them.
- If you are aggressively or negatively spoken to, respond back with love, kindness, and compassion.
- If you are in an unsafe area or the weather does not permit your standing outside, go to somewhere safe and perform this symbolic act.
- If you can not go out, either for fear of what others might think or other circumstance, sit facing your door, as if you were about to go out.
- If you are somewhere other than at your house, like at a shop, go out and stand outside for fifteen minutes.
- If you forget to protest at 11:30 AM, perform it when you get the chance on Sunday, even if it is right before you go to sleep and solely for yourself.
- Lead by example. Do not badger others into joining you.
- Above all, treat others with respect and a sober mind.
December 3, 2007
It’s been a couple of days since our first launch of Foobity. It was lackluster, but that’s what I expected. We haven’t really done much with it yet. Regardless, I consider iteration one a success because of how much I learned.
The next iteration will have a comprehensive competition creation feature. Each competition will have subtasks. For each of these subtasks, a competition creator will be able to assign a point value and a refresh rate. The refresh rate controls how often a player can achieve that subtask. We will also have subgoals that work for subjective tasks as well. Points will be awarded by the competition creator after someone has typed in some effort in response to a subgoal. Overall, more power will be handed over to the competition creator, as this is the person willing to put in the most effort anyway.