Need Cofounder to Work on “Competitive Microblogging for Personal Victory”
September 25, 2007
The Company/Idea, Overall Motivator
Competitive microblogging for personal victory.
To get what the website would do, manufacture your own example using these steps.
- Pick something you want to do that you’ve been having a hard time doing.
- Think of a way you can craft that into a competition with your friends.
- Set up goal to achieve, something objective to reach.
- Enter in your progress every week.
- See how your friends are doing relative to you.
- Party once you’ve reached your goal.
The Current State
I have a specific prototype in mind that I am currently building. I have no money at the moment.
The Current Goal
- Develop the product more to make sure I’m not drinking too much of my own Kool-Aid and to explore if there is some better variant.
- Make this startup a full time job by getting money from a seed funder such as Ycombinator (http://www.ycombinator.com/w2008.html)
- Find a partner who I can take this to success with.
What I’m Offering
- 50% equity split
- Myself, a well-spoken hacker
What I Think is Required of Potential Partners
- Ruby on Rails experience (know how to take an app from prototype to production)
- MySQL experience
- Stories that exemplify your ability to learn rapidly (knowledge of your failures)
- Stories that exemplify your ability to take risks (the necessity of a personal startup culture)
- Living in the Bay Area