Inspirathon – A Review
June 30, 2007
Last nights Inspirathon was great. For those of you tuning in without pretext. Inspirathon is a “A Movie Night For Thinkers.” We show some thought provoking/alternative method/human achievement videos and discuss them. The following are my thoughts on the last one.
- We topped out at the right amount of people.
- Everyone was very friendly and nice.
- We watched some very interesting videos.
Things I would change:
- We have to set up a buzzer system for people to hit. This way we have a symbolic mechanism for killing unstimulating videos.
- We have put an upper limit on video duration. Thirty minutes max.
- We have to introduce videos and ask why people have chosen them. Some videos needed lots of pretext.
- We can’t show videos that are thematically similar in a row.
- We have to discuss after each video. And a long discussion. Not necessarily to reach a conclusion, but to integrate the video into our minds, and to discover related avenues that come to mind while speaking.
- We might want to pole people about what they want to see at Inspirathon.
- There should be half as many videos as we watched this last time.
- The event should start at 5.30 pm on a Saturday, with a BBQ and an earlier ending. I just don’t drink caffeine, sorry.
If anyone has comments to improve Inspirathon, or tips from running their own movie/clip nights, please comment!