Fantastic Predictions for 2010
January 10, 2010
I am a little offended by most of the twenty-ten predictions because most of them are just timid extrapolations of the recent past. There really is no reason that people should write such unimaginative predictions since time and again things prove weirder and more surprising than we might have guessed. In response, here is my list of fantastic predictions for twenty-ten, unhindered by modern technology.
- Humans will be on Pluto by the end of 2010.
- A human clone will be revealed.
- Small portals capable of transmitting the energy density of a baseball will be discovered.
- Cancer will be a thing of the past.
- Humans will start replanting forests at a rate of ten to twenty times as much as we do now.
- Population growth in India will cut in half.
Those are my predictions for this new year. There are no “computers will be faster” or “we will know more about the brain” bets here! Just good old-fashioned brash claims.